Digital marketing can feel like an overwhelming concept; what exactly does it mean and how do you do it well? While there are no quick fixes when it comes to your digital marketing or your overall online presence, there are a few strategies that you can implement to ensure you’re on the right track and getting the best ROI possible-and the best part about it? With digital marketing, it’s easy to measure your ROI. Let’s get started. ?
1. Website Design. Your website is an absolutely crucial portion of your online presence. It’s the first impression most potential customers are going to get so you need to ensure it boasts a few key qualities. Ask yourself:
- Is my website easy to navigate ?
- Does it have a simple layout that is pleasing to look at ?
- Does it have enough information to push visitors to the key pages?
- Does the website design clearly reflect my brand?
If you answered ‘no’ to any of the above then it’s essential that you review your site. Remember, most potential customers will visit your website at some point (with a large majority of them visiting prior to contacting you) you’ll want to ensure it’s giving them the best first impression and if it’s not then it’s time to revisit the subject.
2. Search Engine Optimization: Now that you’ve got a great website design it’s important to pair that with incredible SEO. What exactly does SEO have to do with it? Without strong SEO your site will struggle to get found. Yes that means, if you don’t implement simple SEO strategies you could have wasted your time and money on website design. Here’s a hint: most website design companies worth their salt will be able to build you a site while integrating SEO strategies within the design. Here are a few things to look for:
- Keyword rich content
- Current relevant content (Blogs)
- Title Tags and Meta Descriptions
- Multi-Channel Optimization
By utilizing these strategies your site will begin to gain SEO and start to appear higher in search engine results.
3. Search Engine Marketing: While great design and SEO are essential elements to a successful web presence, Search Engine Marketing always helps. Here we are talking about paid advertising, it may not sound exciting but it never hurts to get a little extra boost. With Search Engine Marketing you determine relevant keywords to your target market and pay to appear at the top of the search results. This is also called Pay Per Click advertising, meaning you only actually pay when someone clicks on your website. It’s a tried and true method that’s sure to get you results while you’re waiting for your organic SEO to build up.
In the end, there are a variety of strategies to boost your online presence, even some we didn’t speak about such as social media and remarking but the key is to ensure you’re always making the effort to bring visitors to your site, thus increasing traffic and hopefully, business.