Locking yourself out, whether it’s out of your home, your business or your car, can be an incredibly frustrating experience – and it often happens at the worst possible time. However, it does happen, which is why you should consider saving the number to an emergency locksmith service in your phone. This way, you’ll regain access to whatever it was you were locked out of as quickly as possible. Before you save the number of the first emergency locksmith service you come across, check for the following seven things:
- Are they a legitimate service? – Occasionally, you might run across a locksmith service that is a scam. A scam locksmith service will often charge hidden fees in addition to performing subpar locksmith work. Looking up online reviews should reveal to you whether they are legitimate or not.
- Are there call out fees? – Some locksmith services will charge an additional fee for emergency call outs, while others provide emergency call out services for free.
- Do they provide 24/7 locksmith services? – You don’t want to end up in a situation where you’re locked out of your car or home late at night only to find that the locksmith service you saved in your phone is closed. If you’re going to save the number for a locksmith in your phone in case of an emergency, make sure that they provide 24/7 emergency services.
- What areas do they service? – A locksmith will only service a particular area. So make sure that the locksmith you choose services the areas in which your home and workplace are located.
- How long will it take to get to you? – Say you’ve locked yourself out of your car and you have a meeting you need to attend within the hour. A locksmith that takes an hour to get to you is going to do you no good. A high quality locksmith service should be able to respond within 30 minutes.
- Do they provide a guarantee? – One of the indicators of a good locksmith is one that provides a guarantee for their work, whether it was for any new keys they produced or for any lock repairs that they made. If they don’t offer a guarantee, then you’re taking a risk that their work won’t be good, which will require you to hire yet another locksmith service to come fix the shoddy work they did.
- What are their prices? – Different services will have different prices. Be familiar with what they will charge before you decide to use them. You’ll want to know how much it will cost to repair defective locks, to change locks and to enter cars and buildings that you’ve been locked out of.
Having the number of a local emergency locksmith service saved in your phone is a smart idea in case you get locked out of your car, home or place of work. When choosing a locksmith as your emergency service, be sure to check for these seven things.